Strategic Communications Advisers
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
APS Level 6 - $74,196 - $93,757
Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time, Part-time
Barton - ACT
Closing date: Wednesday, 28 June 2017
5 days to apply
We are seeking a number of talented strategic communication specialists at the APS 6 level to fill vacancies in the PM&C Communications Branch. The Communications Branch supports the Prime Minister, portfolio ministers and a wide range of policy areas including International, Cyber Security, Public Data, Indigenous Affairs, the Office for Women and Cities.
The Branch delivers quality communication solutions in an often fast-paced environment and has a high degree of visibility within PM&C. We are an agile, responsive and dynamic branch, committed to developing tailored communication strategies and products for our clients with a focus on digital, including social media and video.
Requirements of the role include developing and implementing communications strategies; developing high quality content for various audiences and platforms; providing strategic communications advice; and liaising with stakeholders in ministers’ offices, policy areas within PM&C and other departments.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience working in a communications and/ or media role developing and implementing successful communications strategies. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience drafting and developing a variety of high quality and innovative content for diverse audiences.
Our ideal candidate should have relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrated experience in:
• communications and/or media roles
• developing and implementing successful communications strategies
• drafting high quality written material including media releases, opinion pieces, social media and web content
• experience in developing creative video and other digital content
• managing digital platforms and channels including social media.
You should also possess:
• the ability to meet deadlines, prioritise and respond flexibly as priorities emerge in a sometimes fast-paced environment
• a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player
• the ability to exercise good judgement and pay attention to detail
• excellent stakeholder engagement skills
• a keen interest in politics and current events.
Please note: you may be required to work outside standard hours on occasion.
What We Offer
• A flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace and attractive remuneration package including generous employer superannuation contributions.
• Exciting and fulfilling work at the heart of government with career development and networking opportunities difficult to find elsewhere.
• The opportunity to work with strong, smart, visionary and experienced leaders who encourage and support you to develop your interests and expertise and achieve your ambitions.
To be eligible for this position you must be an Australian Citizen at the closing date of application.
The occupant must be able to obtain and maintain a Baseline level security clearance, or hold a current security clearance of an appropriate level.
Salary is determined by the terms and conditions of employment that apply to the successful candidate. A successful candidate who is transferred to PM&C from another APS agency or recruited from outside the APS would be eligible for a salary range of $74,196 - $93,757. A successful candidate who is already a PM&C employee would be eligible for a salary range in accordance with the classification structure in their relevant enterprise agreement.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
This non-ongoing position will be offered for a specified term of 12 months, with the possibility of extension (agencies should note the maximum initial engagement period is 18 months which can possibly be extended to 3 years)
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability.
For more information:
Leigh Andersen, (02) 6271 5495
Vacancy N.N. 10707748