Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
APS Level 3 - $61,182 - $63,726
Non-ongoing (Temporary), Casual
Canberra - ACT; Darwin - NT; Perth - WA; Broome - WA; Cairns - QLD
Closing date: Sunday, 29 October 2017
6 days to apply
The Registration Officer is required to support ORICs ability to ensure Indigenous Corporations registered under the CATSI Act are compliant with the requirements of the Act through the provision of support and advice to existing Corporations and those wishing to register.
The duties of the position include but are not be limited to the following:
• Call centre operations and support, including but not limited to answering and responding to calls, provision of detailed information and advice to stakeholders, management of call follow-up, and/or transferring and escalating calls as required;
• The delivery of high quality customer services in support of ORIC business objectives;
• Effective data management, ensuring quality and consistency of outputs;
• Supporting the general administration of the Registration Team, the Registration, Reporting and Project Delivery Section and the wider agency as required;
• Responding to enquiries, through effective use of ORICs business systems and processes;
• Understanding products and services offered by ORIC in support of Indigenous Corporations and providing clear and consistent advice to stakeholders;
• Understanding and complying with legislative policy, and regulatory frameworks and;
• The provision of support and advice to Indigenous Corporations registering, transferring, or deregistering under the CATSI Act.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have an understanding of and be sensitive to issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. They need to operate independently, following legislation and instructional guides, be a self-starter and able to acquire knowledge quickly.
They should also:
• be comfortable operating in a call centre and an understanding of a rostered environment;
• ideally have data entry experience and have the ability to apply good customer service skills, including the ability to de-escalate aggressive calls;
• have strong attention to detail and problem solving skills;
• be available to work on shifts of minimum of 4 hours and maximum of 7.30 hours in duration and be available to start at 10am through to shifts that end at 7pm;
• be available to work at reasonably short notice to attend rostered shifts;
• have experience working in small teams and encouraging cohesion;
• have the ability to think critically and communicate efficiently;
• have the ability to promote and use online service products;
What We Offer
• A flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace and attractive remuneration package including generous employer superannuation contributions.
• Exciting and fulfilling work at the heart of government with career development and networking opportunities difficult to find elsewhere.
• The opportunity to work with strong, smart, visionary and experienced leaders who encourage and support you to develop your interests and expertise and achieve your ambitions.
To be eligible for this position you must be an Australian Citizen at the closing date of application.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for an irregular/intermittent term for up to a 6 month period.
Indigenous jobseekers are encouraged to apply for this vacancy. If the job is Identified, then part or all of the duties impact on Indigenous Australian people and/or involve interaction with Indigenous Australian communities or their representatives.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability.
For more information:
Helen Wright, (02) 6146 2572
Vacancy N.N. 10714340