Graduate Register of Interest - Affirmative Measures
Australian Bureau of Statistics
APS Level 3, APS Level 4 - $57,438 - $70,858
Sydney - NSW; Belconnen - ACT; Docklands - VIC; Geelong - VIC; Brisbane - QLD
Closing date: Sunday, 6 May 2018
46 days to apply
Applications for the ABS 2018 Graduate Program will open in May 2018. To keep up to date with all the latest information on our graduate program (including receiving an alert when applications open), please register your details on the ABS Graduate Register of Interest - Affirmative Measures.
The ABS Graduate program offers an opportunity to put your skills and background into practice to unleash the power of statistics. As an ABS Graduate you will be joining an internationally recognised statistical agency where you can contribute to producing Australia’s key national statistics.
• be placed in a permanent full-time role
• undertake a 9 month development program
• participate in on-the-job training specific to their role
• participate in a structured training program; a mixture of virtual, self-paced and group learning activities.
We invite applications from a wide range of fields of study including, but not limited to;
• Information and Communication Technology
• Computer Science
• Software Engineering
Please follow the instructions detailed below to register your interest. The Register is now open.
For our 2019 graduate intake you must:
• have completed a minimum qualification (recognised in Australia) equivalent to a three year Bachelor Degree
• have completed your Bachelor Degree (or Bachelor Degree with Honours) within the last five (5) years
• be an Australian citizen at the time of application
• be available to commence the formal program in February 2019.
If successful you will also be required to meet health integrity and character clearances, and provide evidence of your qualifications.
Whilst the formal program will begin in February 2019, there may be the opportunity to start as a permanent employee earlier. Your availability to start early will have no bearing on your assessment of suitability.
This register is open to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander graduates.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
This vacancy has been nominated for filling within the agencys graduate program. A graduate program is a structured, on the job program, designed to introduce graduates to an APS organisation. Successful applicants receive training and development, mentoring and on the job support.