DST Group STEM Cadetship Program (Affirmative Measure – Indigenous Employment)
Department of Defence
Cadet APS - ~ $32,116
Various locations in the ACT - ACT; Various locations in NSW - NSW; Various locations in VIC - VIC; Various locations in TAS - TAS; Various locations in QLD - QLD
Closing date: Thursday, 24 May 2018
3 days to apply
The DST Group Cadetship Program is an entry-level employment pathway for high performing undergraduate students currently studying a relevant Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) degree.
As a DST Group Cadet, you will receive:
• Ongoing (permanent) employment with a salary of $32,115 p.a. (plus 15.4% superannuation) during your cadetship;
• Payment of compulsory university fees (i.e. course fees) during your cadetship;
• $500 per semester book/resources allowance;
• 60-days (minimum) DST Groups work placements per annum; and
• Guaranteed employment with DST Group on successful completion of the cadetship.
Why choose the DST Group Cadetship Program?
Put your studies into practice and your practice back into studies
• As a DST Group Cadet, you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge and research skills to contribute to DST Group’s research programs. And similarly, you will be able to apply the practical skills and knowledge that you learn from DST Group back to your studies.
Get a head start in your research career
• With the DST Group Cadetship Program, you won’t have to wait until the final-year of your degree to start looking for a job. Upon successfully completing your Cadetship, you will have guaranteed employment with Australia’s leading Defence Science organisation.
Learn from the best
• Not only will you be supervised by a senior scientist, you will participate in DST Group’s mentoring program to help gain and expand your skills and knowledge from Australia’s brightest and most innovative scientists, engineers and IT specialists at the forefront of international defence research.
Work Content. More than p in the sky
• At DST Group, you will have access to leading edge technology and experience a stimulating and dynamic environment that fosters innovation and creativity. You will be proud to know that your research will contribute to Australia’s future defence and national security capability.
The DST Group Cadetship Program is open to Australian undergraduate university students who have:
a) A credit average (GPA >5); and
b) Will complete their tertiary studies (including Honours/ Masters) between end of Semester 2 2019 and end of Semester 1 2021;
c) Are currently enrolled in a relevant undergraduate (with honours/ masters) degree or are eligible and agree to undertake an honours/ masters degree as part of the DST Group Cadetship.
Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance at NV1/ NV2/ TSPV (commence with baseline).
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability.