2019 ABS Graduate Development Program - Affirmative Measures
Australian Bureau of Statistics
APS Level 3, APS Level 4 - $57,438 - $70,858
Belconnen - ACT; Sydney - NSW; Docklands - VIC; Brisbane - QLD
Closing date: Monday, 28 May 2018
7 days to apply
Our Affirmative Measures stream is expected to consist of four roles in areas such as 2021 Census, Finance, Risk, Legislation and Policy, or Human Resources.
Additionally, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander graduates can also apply for our other streams:
• Statistical Analysis & Research
• Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
All ABS graduates are engaged as permanent employees on successful completion of the Graduate Development Program.
What we offer:
• competitive remuneration package starting at $62,996 (plus 15.4% superannuation) for graduates employed in the ICT stream
• graduates in other streams receive a remuneration package starting at $57,438 (plus 15.4% superannuation)
• opportunities to meet with other Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander employees in a friendly informal environment as part of our ‘Youmpla Employee Network’
• salary advancement on successful completion of the program
• FlexWorks – our program of flexible working arrangements which includes the opportunity to work from home
• on-the-job training specific to your role, plus formal graduate training
• opportunities to shadow our Senior Executives
• opportunities available in multiple locations: Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart and Darwin
• relocation costs if you are required to relocate.
Further information on the Graduate Development Program can be found on the Graduate Recruitment website.
Eligible applicants are only persons:
(i) of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
(ii) who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander; and
(iii) who are accepted by their community as being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
As part of the application submission process you will be required to upload a document that confirms your Aboriginal heritage.
In addition, to be eligible for the 2019 ABS Graduate Development Program you must:
• be an Australian Citizen when you submit your application
• have completed, or expect to complete, within the period 01/01/2014 – 31/12/2018, a minimum qualification of a three year Bachelor degree (recognised in Australia)
• be available to commence the formal program in February 2019
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
This vacancy has been nominated for filling within the agencys graduate program. A graduate program is a structured, on the job program, designed to introduce graduates to an APS organisation. Successful applicants receive training and development, mentoring and on the job support.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability.