Team Manager (Affirmative Measure - Indigenous Employment)
Department of Human Services
APS Level 6 - $79,469 - $91,894
Ongoing, Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time
Perth - WA
Closing date: Monday, 20 August 2018
0 days to apply
The Health Service Delivery Division is responsible for the management of government programmes and the delivery of payments of benefits, incentives and other services to the public, health professionals and businesses. Health Provider Support (HPS) & Education team engages with a broad range of providers and their groups, medical corporate entities, peak bodies as well as other community groups with the primary purpose of influencing change in Medicare claiming practices. They also support the department’s Indigenous servicing agenda to improve health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians through the provision of intensive education and support to healthcare professionals, Aboriginal Medical Services and other related peak bodies and stakeholders.
HPS & Education Team Leaders work as part of a national team providing leadership and support to staff, coordinating and managing outreach initiatives and deliverables for the section. Team Leaders may be responsible for key strategic projects or functions and provide advice based on analysis of data and information that supports business decision making. Team Leaders are responsible for the collection and examination of information development of work area reports and making recommendations for future business services using an evidence-based approach. They are responsible for leading, supporting and developing a team to achieve quality outcomes to support the department’s strategic objectives. Team Leaders support a national team of APS5s that may be in a variety of locations.
Key duties may include:
• Promote a culture that encourages diversity, innovation and service delivery excellence
• Develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning
• Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in a culturally appropriate manner
• Liaise and represent the Department of Human Services with internal and external client groups, ensuring the provision of high quality service delivery and advice
• End-to-end coordination of section strategies, set clear direction and priorities, research and plan initiatives, prepare business proposals and work plans, implement of work priorities, analyse performance and complete strategic and individual reporting
• Determine operational objectives by analysing business functions, gathering information and evaluating output requirements for use by stakeholders
• Perform research and analysis in area of specialisation for accurate and informative documentation, such as reports and briefs, for consideration by senior executives
• Role model APS values and code of conduct and actively implement relevant legislation, policies and procedures including OH&S, equity and diversity
Successful candidates will be required to work across both a virtual and local site based environment, and may be required to work outside ordinary hours of duty and travel to remote areas where engagement with local Indigenous communities is required.
• Current unrestricted Drivers Licence
A merit pool may be established and used to fill future vacancies within the next 12 months.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
This process may be used to fill both ongoing and non-ongoing vacancies. Candidates will automatically be considered for both vacancy types. Non-ongoing positions may be offered for period of up to 12 months.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
RecruitAbility applies to this vacancy. Under the RecruitAbility scheme you will be invited to participate in further assessment activity for the vacancy if you choose to apply under the scheme; declare you have a disability; and meet the minimum requirements for the job. For more information see: http://www.apsc.gov.au/priorities/disability/recruitability.