Affirmative Measure - Manager, Governance and Risk
Australian National Audit Office
APS Level 6 - $84,337 - $96,933
Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time
Barton - ACT
Closing date: Thursday, 27 September 2018
3 days to apply
The ANAO is seeking a non-ongoing APS 6, Manager, Governance and Risk in the Corporate Management Group for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. This is a newly created position and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to help shape the role. To be successful in the role, candidates should have experience in risk management and policy development in a corporate services environment, along with well-developed communication and analytical skills.
Duties of the role include:
* supporting the operations of the ANAO Governance Committees, including the monthly executive board of management, through meeting coordination, preparation of papers and action items;
* providing support and reporting on the ANAO’s compliance matrix;
* taking a lead role in implementing the Commonwealth Risk Management policy and guidelines across ANAO, through ANAOs risk management framework;
* providing a risk management consultancy service to all ANAO business areas;
investigating options for policy and process improvement and the adoption of new initiatives ;
* providing advice and reports to senior leadership on aspects of our risk management; and
* contributing to broader governance and management activities at the direction of the Senior Director, Corporate Strategy and Engagement.
To apply, you will need to submit an up to date resume and an expression of interest of no more than 500 words outlining your skills, knowledge and experience relating to the role.
To be considered for employment with the ANAO you must be an Australian citizen and have the ability to obtain and maintain a baseline security clearance.
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified term
Employment will be offered for a 6 month period with a possibility of extension.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.