Natural Resources Management (Sea)
Torres Strait Regional Authority
APS Level 4 - $63,896 - $69,377
Non-ongoing (Temporary), Full-time
Thursday Island - QLD
Closing date: Monday, 24 December 2018
12 days to apply
1. Operating as a point of contact for community-based Ranger groups and community representatives for Sea projects related to the implementation of the Land and Sea Management Strategy for Torres Strait and the 14 community-based Dugong and Turtle Management Plans.
2. Assisting day-to-day management and supervision of Ranger programme staff, including work plan development, implementing workplace health and safety and reporting in accordance with TSRA Human Resources procedures and policies.
3. Assisting with technical advice and field operations support to assist in the implementation of community-based land and sea management plans and projects.
4. Assisting assessment of Ranger skills and development needs, and helping to build Ranger group capacity through mentoring and coaching.
5. Assist with project management, including job costing, work planning, budgeting and procurement.
6. Assisting planning and coordination of field exercises, including but not limited to, marine turtle monitoring and research projects. Implementation of work health and safety requirements.
7. Assisting implementing monitoring and evaluation strategies and assisting community Rangers to collect and record data and report on activities relevant to Programme delivery.
8. Writing tasks across a range of documentation types and communication formats including; scientific and administrative plans and reporting, operational plans and stakeholder communications.
9. Contributing to the development of policies and procedures for the Land and Sea programme.
10. Liaising with the LSMU staff, RNTBCs, other government agencies, researchers and community organisations and sharing information across the range of Programmes, activities or services in written and spoken forms.
11. Undertaking other duties as directed by the Project Manager (Sea).
A merit list maybe created
Non-ongoing opportunity will be offered for a specified task
Non-ongoing opportunity up to 2022
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975. This vacancy is only available to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.