Indigenous Australian Government Development Program
The Indigenous Australian Government Program (IAGDP) is an integrated employment and development program, delivered over a 15-month period. In addition to ongoing (permanent) employment, during the course of the program participants will be provided with professional and personal development opportunities to enhance their capability to undertake a career in the Australian Public Service (APS). Positions in the IAGDP will be available in a number of APS agencies at various locations around Australia.
Key objectives of the program include equipping participants with crucial skills to support a sustainable career in the APS by providing opportunities to:
- gain a formal qualification
- gain practical on-the-job work experience in a government agency, which complements the relevant study stream
- expand personal capabilities and confidence
- broaden future employment and academic opportunities
- support the contributions and influences participants can make towards the business outcomes of agencies.
The program consists of three main components:
- diploma level qualification
- fifteen months practical work experience incorporating on-the-job-training
- defined complementary structured learning and development opportunities
For more information: click here